Scleroderma, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease and Raynaud's Phenomenon
Scleroderma is one of the features of Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD). The majority of people with Scleroderma also have symptoms of Raynaud's Phenomenon. A chronological series of HBOT case studies and research covering these conditions is arranged below. Unfortunately, the majority of the research on Scleroderma and Raynaud's using HBOT was performed in Russia and most do not have translations on PubMed. Anyone able to source or translate the Russian studies is encouraged to contact us.
- 2014 Serbian Case: Dystrophic calcifications and Raynaud's phenomenon in an eight-year old girl.
- 2012 Review : Chronic leg ulcers in adult patients with rheumatological diseases - a 7-year retrospective review.
- 2011 Israel: Large leg ulcers due to autoimmune diseases
- 2010 Germany: Treatment options of acral ulcers in MCTD
- 2006 Canada: Ischemic scleroderma wounds successfully treated with hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- 1998 Japan: Pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis associated with intravenous pulse cyclophosphamide treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus
- 1997 Switzerland: Successful treatment of an extended leg ulcer in systemic sclerosis
- 1995 Japan: Systemic sclerosis with various gastrointestinal problems including pneumoperitoneum, pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis and malabsorption syndrome
- 1995 USA: Use of hyperbaric oxygen in rheumatic diseases: case report and critical analysis
- 1991 Russia: The role of hyperbaric oxygenation in the treatment of systemic diseases
- 1991 Russia: Potentiating the regional effect of hyperbaric oxygenation in Raynaud's phenomenon (Abstract Available)
- 1989 Russia: Microcirculation in patients with systemic scleroderma during treatment using hyperbaric oxygenation (Abstract Available)
- 1988 Russia: Lipid peroxidation in the foci of lesions in patients with scleroderma during treatment of hyperbaric oxygenation
- 1987 Russia: Ultrastructural changes in the mitochondria of patients with scleroderma during treatment with hyperbaric oxygenation
- 1986 Russia: Place of hemocarboperfusion and hyperbaric oxygenation in the treatment of patients with rheumatoid arthritis with systemic symptoms (Abstract Available)
- 1986 Russia: Use of hyperbaric oxygenation in dermatology
- 1984 Russia: Treatment problems in systemic scleroderma using hyperbaric oxygenation
- 1983 Russia: Rheological and coagulative blood properties in patients with systemic scleroderma undergoing hyperbaric oxygenation in combined treatment
- 1972 British Journal of Dermatology: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy in dermatology (No abstract available)
- 1967 UK: Raynaud's phenomenon in scleroderma treated with hyperbaric oxygen